Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who doesn't love the train station?

From today's Boston Globe:
Change is brewing in Newton. And resident Denis Goodwin is boiling mad.

Last week, Goodwin created an online petition to protest the closing of the Starbucks at 70 Union St. As of late yesterday, nearly 100 people had offered support at savemystarbucks.com.

Starbucks Corp. plans to close 600 stores nationwide, seven in Massachusetts. There are efforts afoot to save other stores across the country.
As much as I love Starbucks, I agree with this guy that the decision to close the train station Starbucks is a really stupid one. It's a great Starbucks - vast, comfy, and unique. There are 187 signers of the petition, but that doesn't strike me as a blow to corporate America.

Sad times, I suppose.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 p.m., Blogger Dani B. said...

Bah! That's my most favorite starbucks!

 
At 8:18 a.m., Blogger Michael A. Burstein said...

That is one of the best Starbucks stores I've been in. I would sign the petition were it not for the fact that I am, sadly, rarely there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home